Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Swim
Warm up 5 minutes, 6 x 50 fast!, cool down 5 minutes
Total: 700 meters

Bike
20 min Cross Country training on stationary bike
Distance: 5.6 miles

Run
Warm up 5 minutes, 5 x 1 minute fast!, cool down 5 minutes

Very interesting workout today. I am not sure why my training plan has be doing short sprints on the last week? The plan comes from Beginnertriathlete.com. According to the plan details it says that the sessions in these last 2 weeks should all be focused on efficient movement without stressing the body. My run was pretty intense. It almost felt like a track workout.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brent Buckner said...

Safe travels!

7:03 AM  
Blogger CewTwo said...

Nice Blog. Thanks for sharing.

Aint Colorado a grand place to live? I love it!

2:41 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Short speed work during the taper is pretty typical. Sounds like you're feeling good. See you soon!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just finished athlete tracking you! Great job Eric!

10:22 AM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Great meeting up with you and Nicole at FL 70.3. Hope you're enjoying your vacation. Look forward to reading your race report.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home