Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Monday, April 30, 2007

Swim
Race-specific
Warm up: 2 x 150 swim, last 50 backstroke
Main: 650 meters
Total: 950 meters

I hate crappy swimming days. Today was another one of them. I was just dragging and my time shows it. I didn't list my time today, because it was one of my worst swims. I don't want to have it show. I was supposed to do more, but I figure why struggle and swim like crap. I figured that I had a long day yesterday. I will also be swimming in my triathlon class tonight, so I will get more in. I looked at my training schedule and it said that I have off today. Hmmm...when I say this...I said...oh i'm done.

Core Exercises
Squats, rows, V's, Steps, Push Ups, Planks, Lat Pulls, stetching and a few weights.

Triathlon Class
We got to test out some Polar Heart Rate Monitor watches today. That way way cool. My max heartrate was 179. The max hit as I was running RPE 8-9.

Run
Total: 3+ miles

Swim
Total: 800+ meters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home