Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Started running

I ran for the first time since my half-ironman race. Today was the 2.4 mile RMRR Trophy series race. I figured 2.4 miles isn't too bad. I can do that. It was harder than I thought. The first mile wasn't too bad. I was nervous because I want to heal up ASAP and don't want to re-injure myself. My hanicap time was set at 6:08/mile. Yikes. The first mile was awesome!!! I ran about a 6:10 mile.
It turned for the worse. I started gasping for air and got major cramps. The next 1.4 miles I struggled. I made it to the finish, but barely. I was told that I look terrible. After a little rest, I started to perk up and felt better. I went with the faster runners for a mile or so cool down. Overall I am pretty happy with my performance. I will now be working on a workout schedule.

Time: 16:11
Distance: 2.4 miles (1 mile cool down)
Pace: 6:45/mile

1 Comments:

Blogger Brent Buckner said...

It's interesting how one can *feel* so recovered and yet not *be* so recovered!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home