Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

All good from here
My surgery on my left hand was on Friday. The surgery went well and now its recovery time. My days have been ups and downs. I have been sleeping quite a bit and still feel tired when I wake up. I am ready to get back to my normal routine. Of course I can't yet because of my injury. My hand isn't too painful, but its throbing from time to tim.

Monday was Memorial Day and for the last 12 years I have run the Bolder Boulder 10K run. I wasn't planning on running it anyways because of my half-ironman race last week. Instead I decided to volunteer. What a day it was. I got a chance to see several of my friends finish. Joe rode with me and he ran in the CC wave. I was very proud to see him finish. I met Greg, Bolder in Boulder, as he finished. I recognized him because of the RaceAthlete.com jersey. Way cool jersey!!
I have decided that next year will be my best Bolder Boulder!!
The count down begins with my recovery and I can't wai to get started working out again. Sitting on the couch elevating my arm is getting old.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Eric,

best wishes in your recovery.
Must be hard for you to write using,basically, one hand.But you are doing great.

We can imagine that Nicole has hard time ,as well.
Best regards for both of you.

Ps. Herb is curious who was your surgeon??He knows all Kaiser so called "hand doctors"/

Your neighbours
Herb&Wiktoria

9:57 PM  
Blogger Brent Buckner said...

Nice choice to volunteer.

Heal well!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Tea said...

Volunteering is a great way to spend the race!

I hope you're recovering well. I had surgery about 2 months ago, and boy was I loopy for a few days.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Bolder said...

great meeting you Eric!

wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery...

and THANKS for volunteering!!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Eric,

I read your Florida 70.3 race report. Good job dealing with that race belt.

Glad u enjoy my post :o). I am here to entertain.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Duane said...

Glad the surgery went well!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Injuries suck! But you were superman finishing Florida 70.3 with your hand. Hella jealous you are getting top meet some raceAthlete peeps. Did you enjoy your volunteering experience? I am thinking of volunteering for a larger event later this year or definately next year.

Have a good weekend,

Murtha...

8:32 AM  
Blogger Iron Eric said...

Volunteering was a great experience. I am going to volunteer for a couple more races this year.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear the surgery is under your belt, and you're recuperating.

Meeting tri-bloggers is a wonderful experience -- it's great that you volunteered, and equally fine that you met Bold!

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home