Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Time: 1:41:50
Odo: 715.10 miles
Max: 31.1 mph
Avg: 15.8 mph
Distance: 26.79 miles

After the ride you are going to run 9K at 3 different paces/ 3k fast/3k faster/3k fastest! Let's see you crank it up!

Time: 37:35
Distance 5.28 miles (approx.)
Pace: 7:07/mile

Warm up: 300m
Main 3 x - 50, 100, 200, 100, 50 - all at race pace w/ 15 sec rest
5 x 50 kick (swim 25, kick 25) w/ 15 sec rest
Cool Down: 100m
Total: 2,150 meters

I had a pretty decent day today. I rode with the Bicycle Village group today. It was a nice and relaxed pace. The group split off at Parker Rd. I followed those who were going back to the store. I got to meet a few new cyclists. The Tri For the Cure registration was a Bicycle Village today so it was pretty hectic. I locked my keys in the car...and so I thought. I got a ride back to my house to get the spare set of car keys. When I came back, I found my car key in the trunk key hole. Boy am I glad that my car and bike were still there!!

I went running once I got back to the car. I am not exactly sure on the distance for my run. I know that I was not running that fast. There were a few miles that I clocked at 7:30 and 7:15. As I finished I started walking...I stopped the watch. Naughty, Naughty. It seemed to be pretty hot and I was just phased out. I made it back to my car and off I went to the pool. Back to Back to Back workouts.

The swim went pretty well. There were a few kids who were swimming in the "adult only" lap swim. I told one girl that this area was for adults. She understood and finally got out. There were two young teenagers who did a few laps in the lane I was in. I didn't mind it too much except they were hogging the lane. They were hogging it so much that we bonked each other and of course it had to be my repaired hand. OUCH!!!

I stopped my swim at one end of the pool and held my hand for a few moments. Man, it sure did hurt for a little bit. I hope they saw that I was hurting. I tried to show it. This incident actually made me swim a little faster, probably because of rage.

I came home and took a long nap. It was 3-4 hours, but I tossed and turned every 30 minutes. I was almost more tired when I woke up and got moving around again.


Blogger Tea said...

I'm having the same experiences. I can't wait until everyone goes back to school!

Still...great workouts! amazing!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Cindy Jo said...

I hear you - I can't wait for school to start either!!!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Papa Louie said...

Have a great race this weekend!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home