Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Run
Endurance
Time: 2:12:04
Distance: 16.2 miles
Pace: 8:02/mile
Avg Speed: 7.46 mile/hr.
Elevation: Max: 5,779ft
Min: 5,511ft
BMI Index: 20.6
Calories Burned: 1,930

Swim
Aurora Reservoir
Time: 55:50+
Total: 2,600 meters

So I woke up early again today. My alarm went of at 4:30. I snoozed just a little and got up. I knew I had to leave soon. I quickly ate a bowl of oatmeal, grabbed a 2 gels, filled my bottle with accelerade, finished getting ready and off I went. I left about 5:10am. It was still pretty dark but I decided not to bring the flash light.

My adventure sure was grand today. I saw 5 deer, 2 runners and 30+ cyclists. I had to make a pit stop at the restroom around mile 9. I walked back to the road and a driver stopped, got out of his car and asked me a question. He asked if I knew how to bait a fishing line. Too early in the morning for something like this. I briefly showed him what I remember about baiting a line. It has been years since I have been fishing and I wasn't exactly sure because it pole was foreign to me.

It seems to get a little easier when I have been running long distances. I think it might be the "runners high" that everyone is talking about?? I finished todays run about 2 minutes faster than a few weeks ago. YES!! PR.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dances with Corgis said...

That is some burly elevation there, my friend. Hey, we have the same last name! Even with the "e" on the end! :) Tre cool!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Iron Eric said...

That is way cool. Last name Greene rocks!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Tea said...

So if you got up today for a long run that means I HAVE to get up on Sat for mine.

Geez...could you lower the bar JUST once?

(I got asked for directions this morning, and it was so early that I think I just stared at the guy and started drooling...maybe it was sweat).

2:45 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

If I was to run at that hour of the morning, all I would see is Atlanta traffic and a few accidents (on any given day). Sounds like a great place to run.

Murtha...

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home