Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Swim
Nice, easy swim.
400m swim, rest 2 min, 400m swim, rest 2 min, 400m swim. Swim easy and focus on form.
Total: 1,200 meters

It would be hard to time these 400's if I want to take it easy. I timed the last 2 but did not record them. I don't want to show my times. I took it pretty easy. The swim took a little longer than 30 minutes, but I was not concerned about time.

Run
Treadmill w/ strides
Time: 20:00
Distance: 2.70 miles
Pace: 7:24/mile

Today I worked on strides. I figure that it would be more comfortable doing this run on the treadmill inside. It reached 100 degress today and I figured it would be much easier to do my workout indoors. When I worked on my strides, I boosted the treadmill to about 5:35/mile pace. That was pretty awesome. My last 30 sec stride was at 5:00 pace. That was amazing. I can't believe that I by best mile time was right at about 5:03 pace. That was back in high school almost 10 years ago.

I never liked the track workouts. They always made me sick. Well...at least they used to. I have been doing more sprint type workouts in the last few months. I am trying to get faster and boost my endurance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home