Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Volunteer

Nicole and I volunteered for our first triathlon today. It was a great triathlon to work. We arrived about 6am and got our XL t-shirts. Oh well. We both worked the "transition out". We directed people which way to go. Swimmers to the right, bikers straight and to the left, runners follow the balloons.
There were so many things that were cool about this race. We got to meet Duane and Tea for the first time. It is cool to meet others in the blogging community. Tea was racing today so we got to cheer her on. There were a couple of RMRR members at the race too. I talked with Doug Smith and Bonnie Keefe after the race.

We got to eat afterwards too! I brought plenty of liquids to the race because I wanted to keep well hyrdrated. I drank a few "Go Fast" energy drinks too. I love energy drinks.


Swim
Time: 26:08 (approx.)
Distance: 800+ meters

Run
Time: 1:20:59
Distance: 9.48 miles
Pace: 8:33/mile

I was happy with my run because not only I got some good distance, I also used it as a brick workout. I swam first. Next I had a transition at my car. I took of my wet suit, put my socks and shoes on and I took off. I ran around half around the reservoir (I came had to come back because the sidewalk/trail was closed. I came back to my car and grabbed some more water. This time I went around to the other side of the reservoir. Both sides were about the same distance. My run was much faster than I thought.

I am happy I was able to return to the park and get my workout in. I didn't get rained on and it cooled down quite a bit after the swim. I kind of made my own duathlon.

2 Comments:

Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Awesome that both of you volunteered at the tri. Sounds like a pretty complicated transition exit. I'm sure the athletes appreciated your help!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Tea said...

Thanks for volunteering! It was great to meet you.

I like your Du...I got caught in the storm. nice very nice.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home