Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Bike
Muscular Endurance Day
Time: 2:54:22
Odo: 314.1 miles
Max: 42.8 mph
Avg: 16.1 mph
Distance: 46.85 miles

Well folks...I got back outside today on the bike. I decided that a 3 hour training ride inside would kill me. I was not about ready to watch 2 movies. I rode from my house to Bicycle Village today for the first time. The Bicycle Village group welcomed me. They have some really good peeps. We had a really great turnout today. It was good that we had such a big group (20-30), but was almost too many. We split into groups and met each other part way.

Too many breaks. Breaks are great, but we took too many of them. There was a 74 year old rider who joined us at Cherry Creek Reservoir. This guy was wearning speedos. Yuck. As we rode past Parker Rd, I decided to push it and take it to the top. The 74 year old kept up with me most of the way. I was very impressed.

Once we got back to Cherry Creek Reservoir, I headed back home. I could have taken the ride much harder, but the stop at the gas station was much needed. It was a hot day and I ran out of water and needed a refill. Nicole and I went to Boulder afterwards to pick up a 70 oz. CamelBak that I bought from a guy on craigslist. Now I don't have to stress about liquids as much.

1 Comments:

Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Glad to hear you're back outside on the bike. I love my camelbak. Works well for bike rides as well as long runs.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home