Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Monday, June 25, 2007

Ironman Coeur d'Alene 2008

It's official. I have signed up for my first Ironman race. I am very excited and yet a little scared. I am not quite sure what I am getting myself into? Maybe I do? I have started a list of other bloggers who are doing the same race. It's very exciting to see that I am not alone!

The cost to register was tough. Registration was $475 plus a $20 processing fee. There are many benefits that come along with registration, but it still hurts. Now its time to save for travel expenses.

"One full year of happiness" is my quote for this journey.


Bike
Easy spinning
Time: 32:47
Odo: 323.8 miles
Max: 24.6 mph
Avg: 17.5 mph
Distance: 9.54 miles
I rode my bike around Mission Viejo Park. I did 6 loops. What a ride! I had one car cheering/screaming at me, a bug hit my cheek, I had to stop for a pedestrian, and I was caught in some rough/windy/almost rain weather. This ride will only toughen me up.

12 Comments:

Blogger Brent Buckner said...

Commitment! Focus! Drive!

Woo woo!

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Eric! Let's keep in touch while we train for CDA.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Bigun said...

awesome - welcome aboard! Well all train hard togeather...virtually!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Fe-lady said...

Like your quote for the year of training....can I borrow your mantra every once in awhile when I need it? :-)

6:03 PM  
Blogger Duane said...

Good job signing up! It will be great following your journey!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How exciting!

4:09 AM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Glad you were able to sign up. Great quote!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

I am still working on which race to sign up for next year. The wedding plans have kind of put the wrench in the machine, since i cannot do anything before the wedding, and that will also blow almost all my vacation time for the entire year. I might end up having to compete in IMLF, even though I do not want to wait until November to race in that event.

We will all be there with you!

Murtha...

6:46 AM  
Blogger Tea said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Sara Norwood said...

Good for you, Eric! That's exciting! Looking forward to following your progress online...

8:48 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

(Just catching up...)
Congratulations - that is awesome. Your quote is fantastic. Perhaps the post-script will read "...a Lifetime of Pride".

7:08 AM  
Blogger Iron Eric said...

Thats way cool Phil. I might use that after I complete the Ironman next year.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home