Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Brick Day

Bike
60 minutes your choice of terrain and intensity.

Time: 1:00:00
Odo: 856.70 miles
Max: 36.2 mph
Avg: 18.0 mph
Distance: 18.00 miles

Today's weather was terrible. It was raining, sleeting and snowing. I didn't want to ride outside because it would be too dangerous. I rode on the trainer and followed a workout video. I had a really good workout.

Run
30 minutes at RPE3
Time: 34:59.98
Distance: 4.35 miles
Pace: 8:03/mile

I almost didn't go running because it was getting late and the weather was worse. I put on my layers and got ready. I kissed Nicole before I left. My socks were wet before I got out of our neighborhood. It was about 40 degrees outside with snow falling and slush all over the ground. I kept stepping in the large puddles. I kept going. I had a pretty awesome run. My knee wasn't hurting much. I stepped in a large hole/crack just before I got home. I twisted my ankle and hobbled a little bit. I maintained my posture and ran home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dances with Corgis said...

Congrats on the sponsorship, Eric!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Papa Louie said...

Ouch! Watch out for those nasty pot-holes. I hope your ankle is ok today.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home