Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Run
60 minutes log run, easy pace. RPE starting at 2, finish at 3.
I could have taken this run a little slower. I felt my sore muscle from yesterdays core exercises and stretches. The run started out light and I finished with the sun gone and very dark. It was a neat experience going out while its dark. You don't see too much and not much to think about. Because the snow is still covering many sidewalks and running paths, I run around my complex. There is a big loop that goes around the park, elementary school and another park. The loop isn't too far from my home. There was a woman who I kept seeing on my run. I saw her about 4-6 times. I did the loop 4 times and saw her for at least 2-3 laps. There were a few other people, but not too many brave the weather.

I was doing good about keeping dry until the very end. I ran right into a pothole full of water. It was about 43 degress outside so it wasn't quite frozen.

Each lap around the loop is about 1.5 miles. My next run will be a little bit easier

Total Time: 58:46
3:30, Lap 1: 13:31, Lap 2: 13:28, Lap 3: 12:52, Lap 4: 12:10, 3:34
Distance: 6.75 miles
Pace: 8:42/mile

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home