Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Monday, January 01, 2007

It Starts...

Today has started my official 20 week training period. This is all building to complete my first half-ironman. I am very excited and ready to go. I will try hard to give a detailed description of my workouts, thoughts of the day, etc. I will make my blog better than last year!!

I am following a training plan that I found at www.beginnertriathlete.com. It is a beginners half-ironman program. I want to do better than a beginner, but this is my first half-ironman. If I decide to complete a full ironman, I will probably seek professional advice for my training. This weeks goal is to just get it done and keep up on selp to prepare to do it again next week. I am changing it around a little bit because the pool is closed on Jan 1st.

Run
30 minutes easy pace (RPE 2-3)
Name: Mission Viejo Parkway Loop (x2)
Time: 32:16
Distance: 3.64 miles

Bike
60 minutes trainer, all small chainring work, low effort.
Time: 1:00:00
Odo: 12.1 miles
Max: 13.4 mph
Avg: 12.1 mph
Distance: 12.11 miles

Core Exercises
Squats, rows, V's, Steps, Push Ups, Planks

RPE - Rate of Perceived Exertion

I am wiped out. I slept in till almost 10am, so I got good sleep. My body just feels very fatigued. I will try to refuel my body and recover because I have a long swim day tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home