Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Today was my first official ride on my new bike. I was making really good time. My goal was to ride for 70 minutes. I have improved many things since my last ride.
  1. New Bike
  2. Gloves
  3. Ear warmers
  4. More sleep
  5. In better shape

These are several reasons why I improved my time. I finished about 10 min faster than last weeks ride. I had more time to spend on the bike so I started a second loop around Cherry Creek Reservoir. I only made it part way, then I turned around. I saw several deer along the way. Some were even jumping. I came so close to them. I am glad there were no wrecks.

I fell for the first time on my bike. First ride and first fall. Yikes. I only fall when I am still. Go figure. I have clippless shoes and it can be difficult to get them on/off quick enough. I will then loose my balance and head straight to the ground. I was ok and the bike was ok too. I didn't see any major scratches.

After my 75 min ride, I ran straight inside and changed shoes and put on a hat. I was off again! I ran for about 12 min. I saw Nicole and Pazu along my run. I said "hi" and talked for a short period. I kissed Nicole bye and started running again. What a wonderful run!

Bike: 1:16:22 (18.25 miles)
Transition: 2.49 (some was running)
Run: 11:46
Total: 1:30:57

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home