Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Saturday, October 21, 2006

It snowed again last night so I was unable to ride the bike in the morning. Instead I went to the City's gym and ride the bike. I wanted to ride for at least an hour. I only got 45 minutes. I rode on the bike for 11.5 miles.

I am glad that I only rode for 45 min. Today was a big day. I was my new shoes and bike today.

Shoes:
Mizuno "Wave Alchemy"
I went to Runners Roost to get custom fit into shoes.
I am getting pretty serious about this race!! I am not too familiar with Mizuno shoes but they feel good. They have a carbon rubber outsole, so this will help the shoes last longer. I will run with them on Sunday.

Specialized "Sport Road"
These are pretty neat road bike shoes. I was originally introduced to the road/mountain bike clipless shoes, but I was told to get just road bike shoes. I was glad I did this.

Bike: Trek 1500
This bike has an Alpha SLR aluminum frame and Bontrager carbon fork. My size is 56cm. I bought this bike at Bicycle Village today. I am not used to the 27-speed Shimano drivetrain, but a little practice will make me ride it perfectly. I took it for a long test ride which caught me up to 1 hour and 15 minute bike ride today. I was custom fit into the Trek 1500. They checked for balance, posture and other things. I did get Shimano clipless pedals put on. It took another 45 minutes to get the custom fit. I can't wait to ride it again. Let me know if you want more details!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home