Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Swim
Recovery Swim
5 x 200 (50 easy, 50 build, 50 easy, 50 hard)
200 splits: 4:23.80, 4:01.39, 3:59.82, 3:57.19, 3:56.58
Average 200m: 4:03.84
Cool Down: 150 easy
Total: 1,150 meters

I had a really good swim today. My first 200m was slow. I was shocked and a little nervous. I think that is the reason why I started to pick up the pace. This is my first swim since my triathlon on Sunday.

Bike
Name: Cherry Creek State Park (x2)
Time: 1hr+
Odo: 790.6
Max: 31.3 mph
Avg: 16.2 mph
Distance: 19.20 miles

Today was a really hard bike day. I wanted to take it easy and average 16 mph. I did accomplish my goal, but the wind was brutal. I have a thread on raceathlete.com about evil wind. Winds gusts were 40 mph+ Yikes. I did struggle for parts of ride. I stopped for a little bit because the American Cycling Association was hosting Time Trials. I was watching many of the racers battle the wind. Some of those bikes were awesome!!! I might try the series next year? I saw my triathlon teacher, Kylie Ramsey at the time trials. I also ran into Adam from Rocky Mountain Road Runners along the trail. What an awesome deal to see people I know along the trail!!

1 Comments:

Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Hey, I haven't yet seen a race report from your Austin tri ... how'd it go? I remember you saying it was really windy the day before. What about race day itself?

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home