Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Sunday, February 18, 2007

What an excellent/crappy day for riding today. Since it was nice weather I decided to go out for a long ride and run afterwards. It was plesent for a while until it got cold. I knew I should have got out sooner, but I was enjoying time with my wife and food shopping.

There were a couple of very icy spots underneath bridges. Yikes. There were a few that were so bad I had to get off the bike and walk over them. I wouldn't even attempt them on my mountain bike.

Cherry Creek Reservoir runs into Cherry Creek Trail if you take the right path. I was headed towards Denver along the Cherry Creek Trail and there was a detour because the sidewalk was closed. I took an immediate left and was headed towards the wrong direction. There were several areas where snow/slush was still on the ground. I made it through the first 2. I attempted to make the 3rd one and crashed. I was upset that I crashed and a nearby walker saw everything. I slammed my hand down to the ground and shouted "I knew that was going to happen". I got back on the bike, noticed a piece of the bike was broken off, went back. I found the piece and continued on. I noticed there was another detour a couple of miles further and decided to turn around.
Time: 1:27:08
Odo: 349.70 miles
Max: 30.8 mph
Avg: 16.2 mph
Distance: 23.52 miles

My run went well. I parked Nicole's car near Cherry Creek State Park. I used the car as my transition station. I moved the car before the run because it was parked next to a mexican restaurant. It was packed, so I figured I would move the car a little. I was off running back to Cherry Creek State Park. I ran for about 30 minutes total. It was dark and time to come home. I really felt like I was running off in the sunset. What a day.
Time: 32:44
Distance: 3.85
Pace: 8:30/mile

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home