Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Today was Race #3 for the Chilly Cheeks Duathlon. What a good experience! The weather was really nice and the roads were clear. I was running behind today. I turned around because I left my computrainer at home. I finally showed up at the race with 15 minutes to spare. I need to get better at this.

I started in Wave B. This was pretty neat because I could catch a few people, but didn't have to worry about passing too many people. There were more that passed me that who I caught. That was ok because some of those were very excellent riders. I was a little sad to see that the #1 girl passed me towards the end of the bike. I was going to catch her on the run I kept telling myself. A big part of the run was on snow/ice. That was hard because you could sink in.

I was supposed to ride my bike for 2 hours and run for 30 minutes. I flipped days and changed the schedule a little because I today was more race/tempo pace.

I finished 25th overall with a time of 55:00. I also finished 11th in my age division. That was awesome because I scored a few more points for the rankings. I was tied for 13th place overall in my age division. The bike was about 11 miles and the run was 2.5+ miles.

I got a huge side cramp on the run, it finally went away about half-way through. I will need to drink more water the night before and no eggs. I thought it was a good idea, but it seemed that I need more carbs and less protein.

2 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Hey - thanks for the comment on my blog. I've been going through your blog, and taken down your swim workouts - I'm always looking for good sets. One question - what is RPE# ? .. and I like your 100's EBEH, but what is build? I've done 100's before that were 25 easy, 50 med, 25 hard (those are fun), but I'm not sure what "build" means? Thanks and good luck with the 1/2 iron training.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Iron Eric said...

Thanks for coming to my site. I put every workout on there because most people don't really know what goes into a half-ironman/triathlon.

RPE is Rate of Perceived Exertion
It is on a scale of 1-10. 1 being the easiest and 10 being the hardest. I tend to still take 2-3 harder than I should.

Build is the same as medium. It's not easy, but not hard.

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home