Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Bike
2 hour long ride
Today I went outside!! I went with the Bicycle Village crew. There were only 4 of us total. It was a much longer ride than I planned. It also started very slow. Instead of taking the safe route, we went along Parker Road. That was pretty dangerous, but it was early enough that traffic wasn't too bad. The two other guys were cruising pretty fast and we lost one rider. I am sure she might have been pretty upset that we left her?? I know I would be.

We kept riding and riding. We went up one path and I finally saw a firestation that said Castle Rock. WoW. That was pretty far. That was my cue to turn around. I was working the hill pretty hard and blew past the other two guys. I was averaging 12mph on the uphill section. It was awesome to have that uphill experience!! The downhill was even better.

I thought I saw the Cherry Creek trail...but I couldn't find a way to get there because of the snow. I found a port-a-pottie, so I took advantage of it while I could. After I finished, I saw the other two ride by. I tried catching up, but there were too many cars that I had to wait for. I was catching up..so I think and they were gone. I think they stopped to get coffee. I eventually rode back on Parker Road most of the way home. That was pretty crazy!! I decided to take Cherry Creek Reservoir home. What a day!!
Time: 3:16:53
Odo: 296.5 miles
Max: 41.5 mph
Avg: 15.8 mph
Distance: 51.86 miles clocked (56.7 miles)
(I forgot to turn the computrainer on...realize a little bit later to run it back on)

Run
30 minutes easy run - not immediately after the bike
Name: Mission Viejo Parkway Loop (x2)
Time: 28:18
Distance: 3.64 miles
Pace: 7:46/mile

After I was all done, I stretched a little, took a shower, and took an hour nap!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home