Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Try to get this ride a couple hours after breakfast in the morning. Figure out what feels good for pre-ride nutrition and hydration. Make notes in your log to refer back to later when preparing for race morning.

Bike
2 hours. We're increasing a bit from last week. Again, keep the pace at RPE3 except if you need to climb.

I did pretty good today. I woke up about 7am. I wanted a decent breakfast today so I made scrambled eggs. I also warmed up some pancakes from the other day. I was pretty tired when I woke up so after I ate, I went back to bed for a little while. I started my ride about 8:40am. I watched Superman Returns during my ride. It is a pretty cool feeling to know that I can exercise and watch movies. I felt pretty good during the entire ride. I also had a GU gel shot at 45 minutes and an energy bar at 1:30. I also drank 2 water bottles during the ride (1 water, 1 gatorade) .


Time: 2:00:00
Odo: 239.8 Miles
Max: 24.8 mph
Avg: 20.5 mph
Distance: 41.02

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home