Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Run
40 minutes. 10 minute warm up, then do 20 second strides before returning to RPE3 pace. Repeat strides every 5 minutes until end of run. The RMRR had a trophy series race today. It was a 10K run. I was only supposed to bike today and run tomorrow, but I decided to run today. I will take running off tomorrow.

Mile 1: 7:58, Mile 2: 6:57, Mile 3: 7:35, Mile 4: 7:42, Mile 5: 8:00, Mile 6: 8:02, Mile .2: 1:07
Total: 47:21

This was not my best 10K time. It was actually my worst in many years. There was snow and ice on the course and I nearly slipped and fell twice. I am trying to follow my half-ironman program, and my times might be off. It should pay off in the long run.

I met one gentlemen at today's race who will be competing in the same half-ironman in May. Chris is a really neat guy and he is fast. He ran the fastest 10K time today at 40 minutes. I will see him at more of the RMRR races and the Cherry Creek Duathlon races.

I received another ribbon today. I came in 10th place for the Trophy series race. I was not the fastest person, but I came close to my handicap time.
I am on the far left

Bike
90 minute ride. Mental strength day--try to get outside today regardless of weather. It was still to bad outside to even attempt to ride my bike. Another day on the trainer. Easy pace. This ride was long and at times very boring. I was watching the Florida Ironman ride (recorded on tape), and UB40 in concert. Then I turned the channel to watch some football.
Time: 1:45:00
Odo: 48.5 miles
Max: 23.6 mph
Avg: 15.8 mph
Distance: 23.77 miles

Weekly mileage
Swim:
Bike:48.5 miles
Run: 21 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home