Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Ride: Cherry Creek Reservoir
Start Time: 5:50 a.m.
Distance: 16.20 miles
Ride Time: 1:42:12 (1:15:00)
Max Speed: 27.5mph
Avg. Speed: 9.5mph

Can we say "Bitter Cold"....Brrr..........
It was 23 degrees today. It was pretty crazy to get out there and ride in such cold weather. I have bad circulation in my feet and hands. My hands were bitter cold and I kept blowing on them to keep them somewhat warm. I think the time started early because I got back within an hour and 15 minutes. I lost a piece to my bike light and was searching for at least 15 minutes for it. I also pumped up my tires and got the bike ready.

As a frozen popsicle does...it falls off the stick. Well, at least it eventually falls of the stick. I was the popsicle today. I got towards the end of Cherry Creek Reservoir, attempting to get off the bike because of the ice and snow ahead. I was at the beginning of the snow and ice and I was snapping my feet out of the clipless pedals. I was at a complete standstill with one foot out. I moved awkwardly and fell. I always fall on my right side. There were about a half dozen deer within feet. They ran far away. I scared the deer away from my pathetic fall. Every fall means another scratch or bruise on my bike. This time it got to my handle bar. The fall scuffed the Handel bar really good.

As I got home and saw Nicole and Pazu headed out for a walk. I rode right next to them and took one foot out of the clipless pedals. I mentioned my fall and was attempting to show Nicole my bike's boo boo. I twisted funny and fell again. Why do I always have to fall when I am still??? I really need to stop. After getting inside, I thought I might have banged myself pretty good from the fall. I am fine.

The bitterness got to me today. I will NOT go outside for a ride when the weather is this bad. The roads and bike paths were not totally cleared. I will only go out when it's daylight and/or if it's above 32 degrees. I will go to the gym instead if I need to ride. This was the first time riding since Nov 18. That is pretty surprising, but I have been doing all my rides indoors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home