Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Today was the Rocky Mountain Road Runners (RMRR) Trophy Series Race. The race was held at Washington Park and was a total of 4.4 miles. When I got my predicted time, I was very shocked to see how fast it was. The time said 32 minutes and 7:10/mile.

I thought to myself no way. No way Jose. I started with Deb Cunningham. I met Deb a year and a half ago during my first RMRR race. We have similar paces and so we often run together during the Trophy Series races. Deb really knows how to "run smart", therefore I try to pace with her.

Mile 1: 6:41
Mile 2: 7:16
Mile 3: 7:12
Mile 4: 7:03
Mile .4: 3:19
Total Time: 31:31
Average Pace: 7:10/mile

Mile 1 was a little too fast, but I stuck with it! I passed Deb on the second loop around Washington Park. I only had a few runners pass me. I felt pretty good. I took 9th place because the race is calculated based on a handicap score.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home