Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Monday, December 04, 2006

Running out of Gas

What does it mean to run out of gas?? The steam is getting low, the cup is nearly empty or the core of an apple is the only part left? My 2000 Mercury Cougar (car) has been failing. I have run out of gas once again. This is the 4th time within 6 months that I have run out of gas. I will now keep a gas tub in my trunk.

Why do I keep running out of gas. Something is wrong...
My car says 1/4 tank left and no gas. The gauge is wrong. Why do I mention this? It is pretty embarrassing to have this happen. Especially when you are right next to the gas station, and you need a refill which is just too far away. I ran home, grabbed the empty gas can and ran back. I put my triathlon skills to use. I was actually running with a purpose and exact meaning. It was getting cold, but I made it. I am glad it was just gas that my car needed. There are several things that need to be fixed, but within time it will be.

I am doing very well with my base training program. I can't believe I started in October and it's two months later. I will finish my 12 week base training program at the end of December. I will start my 20 week official training program January 1st, 2007. I found a training program on http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/ website. It details every week with goals and things to work on. I am working with the beginners half-ironman because I don't want to run out of gas. Plus, the schedule was free on the website. For many triathlon training programs you will pay a small fee. I will most likely do this for my next series races.

I am working on my 2007 goals and races. I will be posting them on my blog soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home