Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Today was the longest I have ever been on a bike. I started at about 9:40am. I finished after 1:00pm. I am not sure with exact times, but it was about 3 1/2 hours. I went with the Bicycle Village group. We had a couple of breaks in between.

I had another flat today. I found out that there was a metal piece in the bike tire, which was punching holes in every tube, I put in. I learned out to use CO2 cartridges today. I am glad that I bought them. I wouldn't be able to make it home if it wasn't for them.My front wheel reflector was smashed to a million pieces today. It got close to the brakes during a downhill and it was making some terrible screeching noises. I thought something was serious and I was going to loose the group. There was some damage to my bike :( Some of the paint was stripped off. It is about the size of a quarter. Yikes....

The total bike ride was about 40 miles. Add sixteen more miles and that's the bike portion for the half-ironman. The Bicycle Village group goes about 60 miles during the spring (March and April). This will be even better training.

It is thorny season and I have bought some new tubs with the "green gu". This green gu is supposed to plug the hole when a thorn has punched the tire/tub. I have one of these tubs in my front tire. I will put one in the back tire when it goes flat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home