Eric's Half-Ironman Training

I am now training for my second half-ironman race. The race is in Boulder this time in August, 2007. I finished the Florida Half-Ironman in May, 2007. Wish me luck!

Sunday, November 05, 2006

I recovered pretty well from the long ride yesterday.
I decided to do the RMRR (Rocky Mountain Road Runners) Trophy series race today. The run was a Waterton Canyon, just a few miles south of Chatfield Reservoir. It was a distance from my house, but well worth it.

I ran very well. I finished with a total time of 1:15:53. It was 5 miles up the canyon with a strong win. Then it was 5 miles back with wind and downhill helping you. It was a total of 10 miles. My average pace was 7:35. I can't complain.

I won 9th place overall for the trophy series race. The trophy series racaes (run) are based on using handicaps. This handicap makes it fun for everyone because not only the best runners win. I got a 9th place ribbon which is now hanging on our fridge.

During these events, you have chances to win a few prizes. I won $25 to running store in Highlands Ranch. I was pretty happy.

You can see the results on the following website:
http://www.rmrr.org/rmrrRaceResults/2006/rmrrRaceResultsNovember2006.html

I need to rest better after these races. I should go home and go straight to bed. Instead I try to do so many other things. I went to a football party at Jesse's (my brother) house. I felt pretty tired and sick almost the entire game. I get pretty sick after I run and I should get as much sleep as possible afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home